RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator
The RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator app for iPod®, iTouch®, and iPad® is an interactive pre-production and on-set tool for filmmakers shooting in stereoscopic 3D. Designed for both seasoned stereographers and newcomers to stereo 3D production, this app saves time and budget by calculating parallax and separation to plan stereo 3D depth, helping a filmmaker determine an optimal camera rig, its settings and lens configuration, all from the palm of your hand.
RealD Professional Stereo3D Calculator features include:
- Parallax - know the depth of a shot by seeing the actual positive and negative parallax values at any distance with the subject in focus
- Separation - learn how various objects in each shot will affect the on-screen image quality based on separation and distance from the cameras (includes "Maximum Positive On-Screen Offset")
- Lens - determine the appropriate lens or zoom to achieve the desired 3D effect
- Shooting style - choose "Converged" or "Parallel" style to customize shots and plan post-production workflow
- Camera Set-up - set camera model, lens type and interaxial range; test real shots with interactive shot settings and quickly rearrange the set-up real-time
- Stereo Solver™ Mode gives the exact settings needed to accomplish any shot while ensuring far objects' parallax never goes over defined maximum on-screen offset
- S3D Calculator Mode functions as a pure 3D reference calculator with interactive value tables
Designed to work with any camera and stereo rig combinations, users can select the display size upon which the content will be shown, the camera, its lens or lenses, and customize the rig and camera capabilities and parameters. The Calculator factors together these settings and reports how subjects will look in 3D to assist in determining an optimal rig set-up for the desired 3D effects.
The RealD Professional Stereo3D Calculator was designed and created by a recognized industry leader in traditional and stereo 3D desktop previsualization, FrameForge® Previz Studio, in conjunction with RealD and world-class stereographers.